International students cultural cuisine eventHRUC (Harrow, Richmond & Uxbridge Colleges) is a publicly funded government College group, and has continued to maintain its Student Sponsor Licence on the Register of Student Sponsors since 2009.

HRUC is one of the most successful further education college groups in the UK. Our success rates are among the highest in London and we offer fantastic support in and out of the classroom. We are regulated by the UK Government and listed for Student Visa sponsorship by the Home Office.

We welcome students from all over the world.  The College equips students with the skills needed to prepare for further study at university, or to go out into the workplace. We care about our students’ success and offer the right teaching and support needed to help them achieve their qualifications.

Student safety and welfare is important at the College and we are dedicated to creating an environment where all individuals have the opportunity to achieve their full potential, and gain a feeling of self-esteem for and from all others.


HRUC's five campuses (Uxbridge, Hayes, Harrow on the Hill, Harrow Weald and Richmond) are located in London Travel Card zones 5 and 6 and are just a short train journey away from the centre of London, so students can enjoy the great range of attractions and activities that our great city has to offer. The areas around our campuses are multi-culturally diverse and most nationalities find a ‘home from home’ community while they are here.

HRUC has good links with all London airports. Our Colleges are easily accessible via major routes and close to London Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, Luton and London City Airports are all accessible via high-speed rail links from London.

People come from around the world to study among a diverse group of students from the UK and abroad, safe in the knowledge that they are being looked after by a public institution which combines a long heritage with a modern outlook.

London is one the world’s most significant cities. It owes much of its success to the creativity, skills and entrepreneurialism of millions of people who have come from around the world to transform the UK into a melting pot of talent. However far you have travelled to join us, we think you will feel right at home.

The subjects we teach are open to you, along with the full range of our facilities enjoyed by our UK students. We are part of the Government regulated college sector in which most students are adults.


HRUC provides international students with a great range of:Uxbridge student working on a music file

  • English Language
  • Pre-University and
  • Pathway to Degree courses.

We offer the A Level programme, which is the UK’s Gold Standard for University Entry into the UK, to help you achieve the grades needed to apply for the world’s leading universities. We also offer UAL/BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma qualifications that are planned with your future career in mind so you will learn the things you really need to help you go from college straight into work or university.

We also offer dedicated pathways to obtaining a degree in a range of subjects including BTEC Level 4/5 HNC/HND Diploma qualifications in:

  • Business
  • Electrical and Electronic Engineering
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Building Services Engineering
  • Computing and Systems Development
  • Creative Media Production (Games Development)
  • Sport
  • Travel and Tourism Management. 

Please note that we do not offer student visa sponsorship on Level 1 and Level 2 courses.

HRUC International Guide 2024  Click here to view the International Guide.

International agents

We work with a range of carefully selected agents to ensure students have the best advice when applying to study at Uxbridge College. Click here for a list of our affiliated agents.

If you are not one of our affiliated agents, and would like to work with HRUC in the future, please fill out the Agent Questionnaire and return it to the International Office. You may also wish to have a look at the Agent Handbook, so that you are aware of HRUC's expectations of you.

How to apply

To make an application to study at HRUC, please find the course you wish to study on the Find a Course page of our website, decide on the campus you wish to study at and read the instructions below.

Engineering student using a drillWhen you are ready to apply, you will need to complete an application form and submit a number of documents to help support your application.

You can also apply for Higher Education courses via UCAS:

Alternatively, follow the Apply Now button at the bottom of the course page on the relevant College website (Harrow College, Richmond upon Thames College or Uxbridge College).

If you are unsure of whether you fall into the 'home' or 'overseas' category, the UK Council for International Student Affairs can offer advice and guidance. Visit them at


Any documents should be sent to: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

  • Application form
    • this can be submitted online via the course information on the website. Click one of the College names for more details on how to apply: Harrow, Uxbridge, Richmond OR
    • send directly to the International Office by email at: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 
  • Qualification Certificates
  • Proof of a secure English Language Test certificate approved by UKVI. We accept any approved English Language test set at a minimum CEFR Level of B2 or where a minimum B2 result is achieved. A list of approved UKVI tests and test centres worldwide can be found here.
  • A Completed International Application Supplement Form
  • CV and Reference
  • Copy of the passport photograph page

If you are applying from within the UK, you may also be invited to attend an interview and/or entry test.

What happens next

Once we have received all of the documents required, a conditional offer letter will be issued to you. This will confirm the course details, and will also outline any further things the college requires from you. Please note that all students will be required to have an interview via Skype, WhatsApp or Zoom. You may also have to provide proof of any mandatory medical certificates and bank statements as required for your visa application. The college reserves the right to place students on a lower level or alternative course if deemed unsuitable for their chosen programme.


Fees for courses at HRUC are lower than those charged by many schools and universities for the same levels of study.

You will be required to pay an additional amount for course materials, exam fees, registration and ID. This additional charge depends on the course you are following and will be £100 to £500.

A deposit of fees will be required. Students should verify their offer with the International Officer before making any deposit payments. Please click here for more information.

For details on international fees, please get in touch or see below for further information:

Two-year courses:

  • A Levels £8,500 per year
  • HNC / HND - £8,500 per year
  • Vocational Level 3 / pre-university courses: £8,100 per year.

One-year access to Higher Education courses

Business, Computing or Health & Human Sciences: £8,100.

Part-time fees

If you would like to study a part-time course please contact the International Officer who can discuss your course requirements and the associated tuition fees. Students are also expected to pay additional costs for registration, ID, examinations and course materials.

Living in the UK

Find out more about moving to and living in the UK from the British Council website.


Full details of the refund policy are available in the Terms and Conditions (see Fees Policy 2023/24 document) that accompany all offer letters. Usually refunds will only be issued in exceptional circumstances and are subject to a £300 administration charge. If a student comes to the UK and either does not enrol onto their chosen course or withdraws from their course, no refund will be issued. These students will also be reported to the UK Visas and Immigration Agency if they have been given a Student Visa.

Visa application

Please click here for information about how to apply for a Student visa if you would like to study at HRUC as an international student. If you are not sure whether this applies to you or you have questions regarding a Student visa application, please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Accommodation guide 

HRUC are proud to announce that we have established a partnership with the University of West London (UWL) to provide our students with affordable long-term accommodation.

Please click here to view the Accommodation Guide for international students studying at Harrow, Richmond & Uxbridge Colleges (HRUC).

If you would rather book private accommodation, typically students share a flat or house or live in a studio apartment by themselves. To help with finding a place to live, our students can get 20% off the reservation fee on with the code HRUC20. More information about this can be found in the Accommodation Guide.

You may also choose to live with family or friends who live locally to the College. We would recommend your commute to College is no longer than 75 minutes one way.

For students aged under 18 years, homestay accommodation is recommended. We can recommend two organisations if you choose to live with a host family:

Contact details

International Office Direct Line: +44 (0)1895 853469

Mobile/Whatsapp: +44 (0)7379 972955

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.